Saturday, February 14, 2009

Unfamiliar Waters

This past week has been a tricky one to navigate. My best friend and partner in ministry for the past 7 years, Jimmy York, made the move from life to eternal life around midnight last Saturday, February 7. I've never lost someone so close that is also so close to my own age. In the days since I have been learning alot...about me, about others, about God and about life. The purpose of this blog is simple. I want to share with you what The Lord is sharing with me through this tragic experience. I know it will be cathartic for me; I hope it will be entertaining, enlightening, or some other ing for you. Join me for the journey...I have no idea where we're going but I look forward to the discoveries we will make.

5 comments:

  1. Pace and I are cheering for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd, I can't wait to see what wisdom you have in store for us. I am proud to call you my friend and we are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd - Thanks for starting this blog. I look forward to following it and sharing in your experiences along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to all the ING's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see what God will do through this. Thanks so much for sharing with us. I lost one of my very best friends when I was 22 and God used that event to open my eyes to Him. I'm praying for you and the York family to use this, some how, as a sharpening and a clear arrow to Him.

    Thanks Todd
    -david womack

    ReplyDelete