Sunday, March 1, 2009

I just read my friend Andy's most recent post:

http://aboydsblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/some-things-are-worth-fight.html

And it hit me - most anything worth having or doing requires some kind of fight or trial of some kind. Right now, my fight is redefining 'normal'.

Because normal now is not what normal was 3 weeks ago. And it will never be that again. I don't expect to fully embrace this new normal right away. I don't even know exactly what to make of it yet. But I am fighting to gain ground. The current battle to think normal, to feel normal, to see normal, to be normal is swinging my way. Victory is sure. And it's worth the fight.

1 comment:

  1. Todd, I am praying for you as we both try to define our "new normal." I am in the midst of a complete identity crisis myself, but I know that the Lord has big plans for me and for you, too. He is teaching us so much through this heartbreaking experience. Keep fighting the fight. Because the plans that the Lord has for us (Jeremiah 29:11) are worth fighting for.

    ReplyDelete